What we do — Rural Housing 360
We will guide you from selecting a community and floorplan to construction of your new home, from selling an existing home to submitting a mortgage application and closing a loan. The Rural Housing 360 initiative is to make high performance housing accessible, affordable, and a reality for hard working Americans.
Our mission is to strengthen local communities by allowing hard-working folks the opportunity to live where they work, stabilize school enrollment, utilize existing city infrastructure, and to enhance the ability of employers to grow their respective businesses.
We understand that it can be a duanting process to build a home, get financing and sell your current home - that is where we come in! What we want more than anything is for you to have a home that fits you and help you get on the path to home ownership.
We streamline the entire process to deliver maximum value to you. We want to make home ownership a reality for you!
Why and How — The Vision
We have a housing crisis in America.
Since 2017, the founders of Rural Housing 360 have been engaged in studying the barriers to homeownership for our nation’s workforce and those in rural communities. Being from Rural America ourselves and challenged to find solutions has culminated in the launch of Rural Housing 360. Our mission is make home-ownership possible for those who currently struggle finding options. We do this through a comprehensive approach to the problem of obtaining a mortgage approval.
In identifying barriers to home-ownership we discovered three common issues:
- Lack of available cash for down payment and closing costs.
- Insufficient credit scores or lack of credit history.
- Affordability gap - cost to build vs. income.
The housing crisis is not a ‘rural versus urban’ problem. Nor is it rooted in age or geography. It is a financial problem. Our strategy is to work backwards from a mortgage approval and into a solution. What has resulted is a real opportunity that allows for an individual to be successful in buying a new home that is within reach of their income and shows equity without the need for down payment or closing costs to obtain a mortgage.
How does Rural Housing 360 accomplish this?
By eliminating waste and increasing efficiencies we are able to reduce cost from the process.
Cost comes in different forms: time, material, money, people, real estate.
Our challenge was to seek to optimize these assets to the benefit of you — the consumer. Rural Housing 360 has assembled a broad chain of partnerships that result cost reduction, equity creation, and efficient asset utilization. Our partners include:
- Communities - offering empty lots to buyers thus reducing costs.
- Local & National Lenders - offering $0 Down & $0 Closing Loans.
- Real Estate Agencies - assistance in selling your current home.
- Local Contractors - project management & reduced mobilization costs
- Modular Home Builders - eliminate waste, quality control, speed.
- Technology - Website allows for streamlined process & accessibility.
The outcome of this is a public/private partnership that can produce mortgage approvals for folks like you!
Rural Housing 360 is for everyone. This is not an age or income restricted housing program. Our mission is to serve those who struggle to find quality, affordable housing for a variety of reasons:
- Live near where you work.
- Live in the town you wish to.
- Desire a change - downsize, upsize, lower utility bills, safety, health.
- Have experienced difficulty in obtaining a mortgage.
- To avoid the stress commonly associated with building a new home.
We are successful as a result of the efficiencies we create through the relationships we have built. Go ahead and see for yourself- Rural Housing 360 is here to serve you!
Who is an Active Adult Buyer?
- Are the kids all grown and gone?
- Do you have a house that is too big for what you need?
- Do you want a home that is safer- no steps, wider doors, security system?
- Do you desire a home with less maintenance and cleaning?
If you answered 'yes' to these, Rural Housing 360 can help with our Active Adult Upgrade Package. We have specific features for you in mind such as:
- Zero-entry garage (No steps from the house to garage)
- Wider, 3 foot doors to the master bedroom and bathroom
- Zero-entry showers (No steps into the shower)
- Grab bars for toilets and showers
- Lever Handles
- Front entry ramps
- Design and Ordering Assistance
What do these options cost?
The cost for each option is clearly listed on Step 5 of the website but to give you a general idea - if you chose all 7 options it would only add 10-12% to the final cost of the home depending on which plan is selected. Lot cost not included.
How do I order these options?
It’s simple. Once you have created a Customer Account and you reach Step 5 - Select Additional Features and Add-ons, you will be able to select these options listed above. They will be located at the bottom of the screen with an 'Active Adult' tag.
If technology isn’t your thing there is an email and phone number for an actual person listed below for you to use in requesting your home and these features. We will take care of you.
I’m Interested, What’s Next?
There are three ways we can serve you:
- Go online and create an account and build your home online.
- Email questions or inquires to our Active Adult Specialist, Ced at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 641-446-HOME (4663) and leave a message for Ced to get in touch with you by phone.
We invite you to explore the possibility of homeownership. Whether you want to live closer to where you work, be in a safer & healthier home, save money on utility bills, live in the community you have always wanted to, or simply want a change — Rural Housing 360 is here for you!
Thank you for visiting us and the opportunity to serve you.
Steve Gilbert — Founder